POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso+Subsurf Scattering Test 2 (50kb bu) : Re: Iso+Subsurf Scattering Test 2 (50kb bu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso+Subsurf Scattering Test 2 (50kb bu)
From: bob h
Date: 7 Dec 2001 02:07:58
Message: <3c106ace@news.povray.org>
Personally I'd say up the patterns smaller scale size for a larger leaf.  If
you know what I mean.  Just seems to me that the grass and hedge could be
switched.  I'm also not seeing 3D-like depth and I'm not sure why, unless
it's a lack of very dark shadow spaces contrasting with lighter greenery.
Maybe just that size thing though, judging by the roadside curb I guess.
Can you get the underside transparent and still leave the trunks?  Maybe
something to let a shadow fall across it would help to see it in a better
way but I suppose you have whatever plans already in mind.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}

"Kevin Ellis" <kev### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote in message

> Just trying out sub-surface scattering with an isosurface to try and get a
> nice hedgerow look. I'm quite happy with it so far, except the base where
it
> becomes rather pale, not sure how to solve that, maybe a higher density?
>
> The grass is from Gilles but it needs a bit of work, the rest of the scene
> is also being worked on. It's just about the hedge really, just thought
I'd